Los Amigos Del Arte Popular’s (LADAP) goal is to promote appreciation of Mexican folk art. Our members include collectors and people who simply enjoy Mexican arts, culture and travel.
LADAP Membership is on a calendar year basis from January 1-December 31.
NEW members please complete On-Line New Membership Form.
CURRENT MEMBERS NEEDING TO RENEW will be sent a RENEWAL of membership form attached to an email beginning in January through February of each new year ONLY IF their membership has expired. If you get a renewal notice, please print out the form, complete it and mail it with your check to the address specified.
Facts and Benefits of Membership
- Membership totals approximately 300 people from 17 states and Mexico
- Annual member subscriptions are only $35 for individuals or $60 per couple. Discounts are offered for multiple year memberships.
- An active, all-volunteer Board of Directors from across the USA assures that most of revenue received is expended on Grants to Mexican artisanal groups. The Board also provides Awards to people who actively facilitate and promote Mexican folk arts
- LADAP is 501(c)3 not-for-profit (EIN2000221519) for US tax deductiion. Membership dues and trips fees are how we fund Grants and Awards. In addition, donations are greatly appreciated.
- LADAP’s newsletter for members only is its primary resource providing early alert for travel opportunities, information on local, national and international events, a calendar, and information on folk arts, artists and pertinent resources.
- LADAP’s website (www. ladap.org) is an on-line resource for information on our organization, interests and activities.
- LADAP’s email network is a means to obtain rapid, time-sensitive news of interest to members.
- LADAP’s group trips, available to members only, are legendary and sell out rapidly. These trips provide opportunities to buy directly from the artisan in many cases. Spanish speakers and tour guides design and lead private home and estate tours, visits to workshops and artisans’ homes to see work in progress, visit museums, arrange cooking classes, and take us to local festivals, events and markets, plus so much more.